What are Easter Peep Treats you ask? The best way to describe what I made is they’re rice crispy treats made with Fruity Pebbles®. These can obviously be made anytime of year with any mold but because I bought this mold a couple years ago on clearance I thought what a perfect time to utilize them since this is the first year I’ll be hosting Easter. Fun Fact: They’re Gluten Free!!
Things You’ll Need:
- Fruity Breakfast Cereal
- Fun Silicon Mold
8 servings 274 calories
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package of marshmallows (I used Jet-puffed marshmallow)
- 6 cups fruit-flavored breakfast cereal (I used Post Fruity Pebbles®)
- Ready In 1 h 10 m
- Prep time 10 m
- In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter.
- Gently stir the marshmallows into the butter. Stir until the butter and marshmallows are slightly blended. You’ll want to see melted marshmallow chunks.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in the breakfast cereal until the cereal is completely coated with the melted marshmallows.
- Quickly place mixture in mold
- Cover exposed mixture with wax paper and refrigerate for 1 hour to set
- I used a silicon mold so I didn’t spray it with cooking spay if you use a pan and cut into squares use a spray
- The mold I used had small crevices (the beak) so I squeezed the beak till I could feel the cereal fill that space.
- Place wax paper on mixture in the mold and use a spoon to pack the mixture into the molds.
If you make these please don’t hesitate to share your photos!